Sun Surveyor (Sun & Moon) 2.8.3
Updated for iOS 17 - over ten years of being your personal guide to the sun, moon, and milky way!
Sun Surveyor takes the mystery out of the sunrise, sunset, and moon phases, allowing photographers and filmmakers to scout the best locations, plan effectively, and get the perfect shot.
The Live Camera View, Interactive Map (with Street View), 3D Compass, and detailed Ephemeris provide a wealth of information about the largest natural light source in the galaxy, as well as the moon, and milky way:
- View augmented reality projections of the sun and moon paths, pinpoint the time the sun or moon will be at a particular location in the sky
- Predict and plan for the golden hour, blue hour and every sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset
- Prepare night photography shots with the Milky Way & star trail features
Solar Industry (PV) Professionals, architects, real estate agents, and gardeners will also find a wealth of empowering interactive features:
- Show clients the quality and quantity of seasonal sunlight at a given location
- Understand potential shade of surroundings and discover any obstructions
- Create images of the summer and winter Solstice & Equinox paths for a site
- Photo Opportunities - an interactive listing of critical times to help inspire and generate shot ideas; including the full moon looming low in the sky during magic hour, total darkness for stargazing, and more
- Position Search - an extremely powerful tool to search for sun, moon and milky way center positions within various constraints, for the perfectionist planner
- Widgets - plenty of configurable widgets for your home screen and today view (iOS 14+)
- Visual time machine - take a quick glance at the light for a day, or dial in desired compositions easily
- Moon distance, age, apogee, perigee, super moon predictions
- Sun shadow information - calculate the length of shadows cast by objects
- Helpful video tutorials show how to use all of the app's modules and how to shoot specific types of scenes
- Share details and locations with clients and colleagues
- Offline usage (excludes Map View, Street View) - enter coordinates, save & load locations with no data connection or GPS available
- Measure distance, and difference between elevations, and vertical angle differentials with the Map view
- Import and export Google Earth .kmz/.kml locations
- Magnetic declination compensation
- "Today" Widget - (for the pull-down notification center) shows rise and set times for the current location and the next upcoming sun event
- Languages: English, Deutsch, Français, 日本語, Italiano, Español, Català, русский, Norsk (Bokmål), Dansk, Nederlands, 中文 (繁體), 中文 (简体), 한국의, čeština, Türkçe, Português (Portugal & Brasil), Polski
Nov 22, 2023
- Updates for iOS 17.
- Added a pure GMT manual timezone.
- Added an elevation override when using observer + target tools on the map view.
- Minor bugfixes, SDK Updates.
About Sun Surveyor (Sun & Moon)
Sun Surveyor (Sun & Moon) is a paid app for iOS published in the Screen Capture list of apps, part of Graphic Apps.
The company that develops Sun Surveyor (Sun & Moon) is Adam Ratana. The latest version released by its developer is 2.8.3. This app was rated by 1 users of our site and has an average rating of 2.0.
To install Sun Surveyor (Sun & Moon) on your iOS device, just click the green Continue To App button above to start the installation process. The app is listed on our website since 2023-11-22 and was downloaded 79 times. We have already checked if the download link is safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded app with your antivirus. Your antivirus may detect the Sun Surveyor (Sun & Moon) as malware if the download link is broken.
How to install Sun Surveyor (Sun & Moon) on your iOS device:
- Click on the Continue To App button on our website. This will redirect you to the App Store.
- Once the Sun Surveyor (Sun & Moon) is shown in the iTunes listing of your iOS device, you can start its download and installation. Tap on the GET button to the right of the app to start downloading it.
- If you are not logged-in the iOS appstore app, you'll be prompted for your your Apple ID and/or password.
- After Sun Surveyor (Sun & Moon) is downloaded, you'll see an INSTALL button to the right. Tap on it to start the actual installation of the iOS app.
- Once installation is finished you can tap on the OPEN button to start it. Its icon will also be added to your device home screen.